Monday, December 29, 2008

The Plaza Cafe, Santa Fe



The Plaza Cafe in Santa Fe bills itself as the oldest restaurant in the city, in business since 1918. We went there for the first time on Christmas Eve for lunch while we shopped on the Plaza. It met all of our tests -- including the spicy green chile requirement. WOW - Carlos and I were grabbing for the sopaipillas to cool off our mouths.

What we didn't try -- and we should have -- was the biggest draw at the restaurant -- the incredible desserts. John got a few pictures of them:





Next time I am going to splurge and have one one those -- but the choice will be the hardest part!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi. You don't know me, I am just another of many bloggers. I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy your blog.

I was born in Santa Fe and love seeing the photos of The Plaza, the farolitas at Christmas, and the local places around there. I actually had sopaipillas from the Plaza Cafe the last time I was there! It's a real treat to see my old stomping grounds. Thank you!

Do you ever eat at The Shed? That's a favorite in my family.

Towanda said...

Hi Kelly,

One of the reasons I started this blog was to chronicle my move to Santa Fe and to post the pictures my husband and I took - I never dreamed others would read it, and comment on it, and enjoy it. That is like icing on the cake for me and the fact that you took the time to comment really makes my day!

Please continue to visit and make comments about the pictures and posts.

Sharon

P.S. We ate at the Shed many years ago and didn't think it was that good. Then my daughter and son in law ate there several years ago and were disappointed in it. So we didn't have that on our list for this time around. We will give it another try sometime in the future.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Sports Net